Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icing instead of wrapping for swelling after PMMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icing instead of wrapping for swelling after PMMA?

I've been reading the SLE site for a couple of months now and wanted your gentlemen's thoughts of using ice to help with swelling after pmma as an alternative to wrapping. Back in the day when I played sports, icing was used in conjunction with "sport wraps" to alleviate swelling and bruising. Often, swollen areas would subside very quickly with an ice intervention.

I get that wrapping is important up to a couple days after the procedure to help keep the pmma/carrier in place, but I also read about the importance of wrapping breaks with massaging. Swelling is also important to control because that alone can displace pmma.

Anyone give ice a try? I'm curious because I have a semi loose foreskin that swells with a lot of fluid after a vacuum hanger session. I've heard from a few guys that this area may also swell temporarily after pmma too... I think that wrapping too hardcore could squish the pmma and carrier in that area. Maybe ice would get rid of swelling without having to use constant pressure from wrapping.

I believe that the wrapping, in conjunction with my supplementing was responsible for my wicked fast absorption of carrier. I did not wrap too tightly, so as not to displace PMMA or cause my glans to lose circulation, but did wrap tight enough to keep from retracting (which was my primary purpose in wrapping). I removed the wrap every 2 hours to massage and assure the PMMA dispersion was good and uniform.

I had precious little swelling post procedure, just bruising which subsided over the following week or so.

As for ice, I believe it would quickly become uncomfortable and cause some serious retraction. Ibuprofen or cortisol, as an anti-inflammatory, would likely be better with the wrap to help swelling and inflammation of the tissue.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by 9_in_Richard View Post
      I believe that the wrapping, in conjunction with my supplementing was responsible for my wicked fast absorption of carrier. I did not wrap too tightly, so as not to displace PMMA or cause my glans to lose circulation, but did wrap tight enough to keep from retracting (which was my primary purpose in wrapping). I removed the wrap every 2 hours to massage and assure the PMMA dispersion was good and uniform.

I had precious little swelling post procedure, just bruising which subsided over the following week or so.

As for ice, I believe it would quickly become uncomfortable and cause some serious retraction. Ibuprofen or cortisol, as an anti-inflammatory, would likely be better with the wrap to help swelling and inflammation of the tissue.

Just my .02
      I agree Rich, but I was referring to more pronounced swelling and mostly targeted right below the head, the same place I puff up during hanging and occasional pumping. Some men have reported major swelling below the head if there is a some extra skin in that area after getting pmma. A similar occurrence known as phimosis is the medical term for swelling of the skin on the underside of the penis in loose circumcisions, or foreskin if not circumcised, and can happen with chronic inflammation or tissue trauma.

If that region swells up uncontrollably and gets out of control, spot treating it with ice is shown to reduce swelling. So to restate my question - If swelling that is uncontrollable even with wrapping, and may get out of hand to the point that the swelling displacing newly placed pmma, have any of you tried icing directly on the swollen area below the glans intermittently with ice?

I think ice would have a rapid response to uncontrollable swelling, targeted to below the head only, and only if major "phimosis" type swelling does occur.

Comment

I still get that puffiness under the glans, sometimes very pronounced. I've seen through many progress reports where that seems to be a common occurence.

Comment

Copyright © 2022 Surgery LIFE Enhancement

Working...
        X